Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nanowrimo 2012

So, next month is Nanowrimo.  (That would be National Novel Writing Month, a challenge to write 50,000 words of a novel during the month of November.)

In case you haven't noticed, my creative attention span has been jumping from one thing to another lately, and, as such, my writing projects and ideas are a bit too messy to participate in Nanowrimo properly.  But, I'd like to go for it nonetheless, but just a little differently.  I plan on aiming for 50,000 words of anything.  This could be random out-of-order scenes, original work, fan fiction, novel length stories, short stories, whatever I end up writing.  Just as long as I'm writing, no matter how random and ever-changing the subject matter is, I'll be happy.

I made very half-hearted attempts at this the last two years, and if there's anything I've learned, it's that in order to reach that word count goal, you can't do it half-heartedly.  To keep me from wussing out, I've struck a deal with a friend to be my support buddy, and, somehow, I also ended up joining a facebook group to boot.

I plan on using the blog during the month to post word counts, musings and excerpts while I write, which will either be cool or boring for you guys.  I'm not really sure which. XD

We start on Thursday... here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment